Ross Llewellyn Motors Pty Ltd (ACN 010 428 841) aims to provide its customers with the best possible products and services. We also want our customers to have confidence that we afford personal information an appropriate level of privacy, consistent with the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) (Spam Act) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) (Do Not Call Register Act).
Please note, that all of our Manufacturers are separate organisations to Llewellyn Motors Pty Ltd. For details regarding their Privacy Policies you can view them at:
- Toyota Motor Corporations Australia – www.toyota.com.au
- Holden Australia – www.holden.com.au
- Haval - www.haval.com.au
- Great Wall – www.greatwallmotors.com.au
- Hyundai Motor Company – www.hyundai.com.au
- Subaru Australia – www.subaru.com.au
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information in any recorded form that identifies an individual or from an individual’s identity can reasonably be ascertained. Examples includes an individual’s name, address, contact number and email address.
Why does Llewellyn Motors collect personal Information?
Llewellyn Motors collects personal information for a range of purposes, including to:
- respond to customer queries about the products and services we offer
- confirm that customers are properly licensed for the purposes of taking a test drive or using one of our hire vehicles.
- supply products and services (including new, demo, and used vehicles, parts, accessories and any applicable warranties)
- process payment for products and services (including considering applications for credit where relevant)
- to co-ordinate delivery of your vehicle and ensure that your vehicle is delivered to your satisfaction
- consider, process and record the purchase of trade in vehicles
- carry out vehicle repairs and servicing, supply parts and accessories, supply products such as lubricants and automotive fluids and maintain any applicable warranties
- arrange for products and services to be supplied to customers by third parties where appropriate (for example, aftermarket parts suppliers, extended warranty and roadside assistance services and financial and insurance products in respect of vehicles purchased from us; or panel beating services or windscreen replacement in respect of cars we are repairing)
- maintain records for accounting and administration purposes
- provide customer support and respond to customer complaints
- analyse customer needs and develop customer strategies
- meet legal and regulatory requirements
- to conduct competitions
Customer Satisfaction Surveys, Service Reminder & Direct Marketing
From time to time, Ross Llewellyn Motors Pty Ltd surveys it’s customers on a range of issues, including new and used vehicle satisfaction and quality of service. These surveys help us to improve our products and services and tailer the way that we do business with you. If you do not wish to participate in these surveys, please let us know (our details are provided at the end of this policy).
If you consent, Ross Llewellyn Motors Pty Ltd may also use your personal information to send you service reminders and information about our products and services, including special offers. You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to be contacted for these purposes by contacting our Customer Experience Centre (our details are provided at the end of this policy). Your consent will be deemed if you do not opt out when we offer you the opportunity to do so, and will remain current until you advise otherwise.
If you do not wish to receive Customer Satisfaction Surveys or other marketing information from any of our Manufacturers (e.g. Toyota) you should make contact with them, should you require their contact details simply contact us and we can provide you with the (our details are provided at the end of this policy).
How might we contact you?
We may contact you in a variety of ways, including by post, email, SMS, or telephone.
Any commercial electronic message that we send will identify Llewellyn Motors as the sender and will include our contact details. The message will also provide an unsubscribe facility. If you do not wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please let us know.
Do Not Call Register
We will not call you on a number listed on the Do Not Call Register unless this is permitted under the Do Not Call Register and related instruments (for example, if we have your express or inferred consent to do so). If you do not wish us to call you on a particular number, please let us know.
How Does Llewellyn Motors collect personal information?
Much of the personal information that we hold is collected when you purchase a vehicle or parts and accessories from us, when you trade-in a vehicle or when you have your vehicle repaired or serviced by us. We may also collect personal information in a number of other ways, for example when you:
- contact us with a query (whether in person, or by phone, email, SMS or through the form on our website(s).
- take a car for a test drive or use one of our loan vehicles.
- enter a competition conducted by Ross Llewellyn Motors Pty Ltd
- respond to one of our direct marketing campaigns
When you contact us by phone, we may record the conversation for staff training and follow-up purposes.
Sometimes, we may collect your personal information from third parties, for example where:
- You respond to a customer satisfaction survey conducted by our manufacturers (e.g. Toyota) or a vehicle industry survey and the survey results are provided to Llewellyn Motors.
- We collect information such as your warranty details and service history from our manufacturers or from any authorised dealer in the network, to facilitate the provision of services to you.
- We have arranged for third parties to supply you with products and services and those third parties provide us with information about the products and services that you have purchased from them (please note that we do not collect your credit or financial details from finance or insurance suppliers).
What if you don’t provide your personal information to Llewellyn Motors?
If Ross Llewellyn Motors is unable to collect personal information from or about you, we may not be able to do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected.
When does Llewellyn Motors disclose personal information to third parties?
In providing our customers with products or services, we may disclose personal information to third parties. In Particular your personal information may be shared between Llewellyn Motors and our affiliated manufactures. Information such as warranty details and service history may also be disclosed to other authorised motor dealers, to help them better serve your needs. Other third parties with whom we may share your personal information include, where appropriate:
- Finance, insurance, extended warranty and roadside assistance providers and aftermarket parts suppliers (where you have requested that they supply products and services to you)
- Providers of outsourced vehicle repair and maintenance services (Such as panel beaters and windscreen repairers)
- Valuers (to assess the value of your vehicle) and vehicle registries (to check whether a trade in vehicle is encumbered)
- Government authorities (for example for vehicle registration and compulsory third party insurance or as required under financial transactions reporting or anti money laundering legislation.)
- Police, Local council authorities or our insurers if a test drive or hire/loan is involved in any parking or traffic infringements or is damaged whilst in your possession.
- Financial institutions for payment processing
- Referees, referrals or guarantors whose details you have provided to us
- Debt collectors
Ensuring Personal information is up to date
We rely on the personal information we hold in conducting our business. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate complete and up-to-date. You can help by letting us know about any changes to your personal information, such as your address and phone number.
Security of personal information
The Security of information is important to Ross Llewellyn Motors and we take precautions to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Some of the ways we protect personal information include:
- external & Internal Premises Security
- restricted access to personal information to staff who need it to perform their day to day functions
- conducting training to ensure that staff are aware that they must only access, use and disclose personal information for appropriate purposes
- maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access, including identifiers and passwords
- maintaining physical security over paper records
How long does Ross Llewellyn Motors keep personal information?
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer required for any purpose that is permitted by the privacy act.
Use of Commonwealth Government identifiers
We will not use Commonwealth Government identifiers (such as Medicare numbers) as your own identifier of individuals. We will only use or disclose identifiers in the circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act.
Transfer of personal information overseas
If Ross Llewellyn Motors Pty Ltd transfers your personal information outside Australia, we will comply with requirements of the Privacy Act that relate to transborder data flows. Please note that some of our manufacturers parent companies are located overseas and as a result, personal information collected and held by our manufacturers may be transferred overseas to be held on their servers.
Access to personal information by individuals
Please contact Ross Llewellyn Motors Customer Experience Centre (details provided at the end of this policy) if you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. We will generally provide you with access to your personal information. Depending on the amount of information requested Ross Llewellyn Motors may charge an access fee to cover the cost of retrieving the information and supplying to you.
Access to personal information may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings or the request is frivolous. If we deny or restrict access, we will explain why. Similarly, in some limited circumstances we may not make requested corrections to personal information, in which case we will provide you with reasons for this decision.
Job Applications and Employees
Any personal information provided to Ross Llewellyn Motors in connection with job applications may be used to consider the applicant for current and future employment and may be disclosed to our third party advisors to assist us in the selection and recruitment process.
If your application for employment is successful, Ross Llewellyn Motors will rely on the exemption in the Privacy Act relating to employee records where applicable.
If you have any concerns about the way your personal information is managed by Llewellyn Motors Pty Ltd, or believe that a breach of your privacy has occurred, please let us know by contacting our Customer Experience Centre (details provided at the end of this policy).
Contact Details and additional information
If you would like more information about Ross Llewellyn Motors approach to Privacy, or if you wish to contact us regarding the information set out in this policy, please contact us:
- by Phone: (07) 3282 2922
- by Email: email@example.com
- by Post: PO Box 51, Booval, QLD, 4304
Changes to this Policy
We may amend this policy from time to time at our discretion. An amended version a will be posted on our website at www.RLM.com.au and will be available from the Ross Llewellyn Motors Customer Experience Centre.